What is DISC?
DISC is a personal assessment tool that gives insight in your personality and behavioral style. It does not measure intelligence, capabilities, mental health or values. DISC profiles describe human behavior in various situations—for example, how you respond to challenges, how you influence others, your preferred pace and how you respond to rules and procedures.
The DISC model distinguishes four personality profiles:
- Dominance – direct, strong-willed, and forcefulI
- Influence – sociable, talkative, and lively
- Steadiness – gentle, accommodating, and soft-hearted
- Conscientiousness – private, analytical, and logical
DISC workshop for your team!
A DISC workshop is a great and relatively fast way to get insight in each other’s personality and behavior styles and is designed to establish better communication, collaboration and teamwork in your team.
A DISC workshop can be a stand-alone training program for a team, organization or department. Alternatively, it can be part of a larger training initiative like leadership development, management training or a team-development program.
During a DISC workshop participants will:
- Gain insight into their own behavior styles and how they naturally respond to various situations. This self-awareness is crucial for personal development.
- Learn to identify and understand the behavior styles of colleagues, team members, or others they interact with regularly. This helps in adapting communication and collaboration strategies for better teamwork.
- Get practical tips and learn strategies for communicating more effectively with individuals of different behavior styles. This can lead to improved collaboration and reduced misunderstandings.
- Participate in team-building exercises that leverage the diversity of behavior styles within a group. This results in a better understanding of team dynamics and promotes a more cohesive and productive working environment.
The in-person interactive workshop will have some theory, but also a lot of activities, group discussions and exercises where the theory comes to live. It can be followed up by a team event or team dinner.
My goal is to adjust the DISC workshop as much as possible to what you and our team need. It is not -one-size-fits all. So, if you are interested to learn more, please book a call to discuss how I can best support you and your team.